Safeguarding at Woodhall Primary School
- All our pupils are safe and protected from harm.
- Other elements of provision and policies are in place to enable pupils to feel safe and adopt safe practices;
- Staff, pupils, governors’, visitors, volunteers and parents are aware of the expected behaviours’ and the school’s legal responsibilities in relation to its pupils.
Our Safeguarding Ethos
Safeguarding at Woodhall is considered everyone’s responsibility and as such we aim to create the safest environment within which every pupil has the opportunity to achieve the best outcomes they can.
We recognise the contribution we can make in ensuring that all pupils feel that they will be listened to and have appropriate action taken to any concerns they may raise. Pupils at our school will be able to talk freely to any member of staff or regular visitor to our school if they are worried or concerned about something. All staff and regular visitors will know how to recognise a disclosure from a pupil and will know how to manage this. We will not make promises to any pupil and we will not keep secrets.
Safeguarding Responsibilities and Expectations
Woodhall has a local governing body whose legal responsibility it is to make sure that the school has an effective safeguarding policy and procedures in place and to monitor that the school complies with them. It is also the responsibility of our governing body to ensure that staff and volunteers are properly vetted to make sure they are safe to work with the pupils who attend our school and that the school has procedures for appropriately managing allegations of abuse made against members of staff (including the headteacher and volunteer helpers). Our local governing body will ensure that there is a named governor and a Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) who has lead responsibility for dealing with all safeguarding issues. At Woodhall these are:
- Designated Safeguarding Lead: Miss Katy Bojcun (Deputy Headteacher). She can be contacted via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the school’s telephone number 01787 373661.
- Deputy DSLs: Mrs Colleen Ardley (Children & Families Support Manager) and Mr Matthew Fuller (Headteacher). They can be contacted via email on CArdley@woodhallprimary.co.uk, MFuller@woodhallprimary.co.uk or MJames@woodhallprimary.co.uk or by using the school’s telephone number 01787 373661.
- Named Safeguarding Governor: Mrs Hazel Crane. Mrs Crane is also the school’s Chair of Governors and can be contacted via email on HCrane@woodhallprimary.co.uk
- Online-Safety Lead: Miss Katie Bojcun. Miss Bojcun can be contacted via email on email@example.com or by using the school’s telephone number 01787 373661.
- Designated teacher for ‘Looked After Children’ (LAC): Mrs Stacey Banthorpe. Mrs Banthorpe can be contacted via email on SBanthorpe@woodhallprimary.co.uk or by using the school’s telephone number 01787 373661.