In March 2013 the Government announced a major new funding initiative to support the delivery of physical education and sport in primary schools.
This cross-government funding is provided by the Department for Education, with contributions from the Department of Health and the Department of Culture, Media and Sport.
How will we be spending the PE and Sport Premium Funding?
At Woodhall Primary School, we adopt an inclusive approach to the development of physical activity and sport for our children. We are working to enhance PE and sport provision in order to raise participation and achievement for all.
We have, and will continue, to use the PE and Sport Premium funding in the following ways, so that:
- All of our children benefit, irrespective of sporting ability
- All of our children have the opportunity to take part in competitive activity whether through intra or inter-school competition
- All of our children understand the importance of leading a healthy, active lifestyle
- Our most able children are given the opportunity to compete in local and national tournaments
- Our staff have access to training and relevant CPD opportunities
- Our staff are able to develop their subject knowledge and confidence in order to teach high-quality PE through team teaching with our PE specialist Dellar Sports Coaching
With the above rationale in mind, in 2018/19 we will continue to use the PE and Sport Premium funding effectively so that:
- Our staff continue to benefit from CPD opportunities
- We continue to develop our after school sports clubs offer so that children are able to compete against each other and those from other schools
- We continue to enhance our playground experience, enhancing our provision of ABC’s (Agility, Balance and Co-ordination), as well as general health and well-being
- We provide sporting opportunities not normally available to our children e.g. gymnastics at Sudbury Gymnastics Club
- We develop more opportunities for intra-school competition
- We continue to provide opportunities for inter-school competition
- We continue to stock fit-for-purpose PE equipment and facilities
We will evaluate the impact of the Sports Premium funding and consider the efficacy of the funding in improving the quality and breadth of our PE and sporting provision.