Most of us and our children use social media and online apps to stay in touch. Keeping ourselves and our children safe is a challenge, and teaching our children to use the internet safely and responsibly can be difficult. Wayne Denner is an online Reputation and Wellbeing expert who can help you to protect and improve your online presence. He has an excellent blog and you can like and share his facebook posts, which give practical advice for parents, young people and professionals. It's worth a look!
TikTok is a social media platform and is becoming popular with children in our school, and it has raised some concerns, as children are able to view content that is not always appropriate for their age group. Click here to find out how safe TikTok is.
Please find a host of resources for online safety.
- Online Safety Guide for Parents
- Apps & Dangers
- Digi Ducks Big Decision
- Parents on Social Media
- Young People and the Safe Use of Social Media
- Parent Presentation Summer 2018
- Pupil Perception Analysis
- Pupil Privacy
- Online Safety Alert - MONKEY App
- Snapchat Maps Danger
- What is Cyberbullying?
- Online Safety Concern Form
- Blue Whale Game - Dangerous New Online Game
- Digital Parenting
- Internet Browsing - Tips to Stay Safe
- NSPCC - Keeping Children Safe Online
- How to Keep Your Child Safe on their Mobile Phone
- E-Safety Tips for Parents of Children Aged 6 to 10
- CEOPS - Police Saftey Centre
- How to Set Parental Controls on Devices in Your Home
- CEOPS - Think You Know
- E-Safety Tips for Parents of the Under 5s